Plesk hosting lets you run your website with Plesk. Plesk is a tool to control your server. It helps you with security, compatibility, customization, and WP Toolkit. You need different Plesk hosting plans for different domains, extensions, and reseller options. You can get Plesk hosting from DataPacket or Plesk.
What are the benefits of Plesk hosting?
Plesk hosting has these benefits:
– You can control your website or application easily with Plesk. It is simple and clear.
– You can use many languages, databases, and platforms with Plesk. It has tools to help you with your code.
– You can choose different hosting options with Plesk. You have unlimited space and speed.
– You can keep your website or application safe with Plesk. It has security features and tools to fight malware, hackers, data breaches, and other dangers.
– You can make your website or application better with Plesk. It has over 100 extensions and plugins for you to use.
How do I get started with Plesk hosting?
To use Plesk hosting, you need to do these things:
– Pick a web hosting provider that has Plesk hosting plans, like DataPacket or UpCloud, and make an account.
– Start a Plesk server on your provider’s platform, and write down your server’s IP address and root password.
– Go to your Plesk server with SSH using the root user and password, and run the `plesk login` command to get a login link to your Plesk control panel.
– Open the login link in your browser and type your username and password to get to your Plesk control panel.
– Choose between Power User view or Service Provider view for your Plesk interface. It depends on what you want to do with Plesk.
– Give your Plesk license key or activation code to start your Plesk subscription.
– Make your first website or application on your Plesk server by making a domain name, a system user, and a database.
How can you use Plesk to backup and restore your websites and databases?
You can backup and restore your websites and databases with Plesk. The Plesk documentation says you can:
Backup the whole server, one user account, or one subscription. You can backup only the configuration or the configuration and content. You can also make backups run automatically at a time you choose.
Keep backups in the Plesk storage or an external FTP storage. You can tell Plesk the server’s hostname and FTP user credentials to keep backups on another server.
Use full or incremental backups. A full backup has all data no matter when the data was last updated. An incremental backup has only data that changed since the last backup. Incremental backups use less disk space and time.
Restore data from backup archives. You can restore the whole server, one user account, or one subscription. You can also restore some objects, like files, databases, mailboxes, and so on.
How can you use Plesk WP Toolkit to manage and secure your WordPress sites?
You can manage and secure your WordPress sites with Plesk WP Toolkit. The Plesk website and documentation say you can:
Install, activate, update, and remove plugins and themes from one place. You can also install plugin and theme sets on sites you have.
Secure WordPress websites with one-click hardening and security check. You can also check for problems in plugins, themes, and WordPress core.
Clone WordPress websites to save time on work and care. You can also make staging environments to test new things before making them live.
Synchronize the changes between files and databases of different WordPress websites to work faster.
Manage all your WordPress sites on the server or on other servers from one dashboard. You can also use WP-CLI, maintenance mode, debug management, search engine index management and more.